Thursday, May 24, 2012

Celebration of Learning Showcase 2012! Congratulations Students!!



Students,

It was a great year! I really do not know where our time together went.  Please know that I feel so fortunate to be able to work with you!  I am lucky to be at a school with parents, teachers, and students that are outstanding in all they do!  I also want to give a special shout out to Mrs. Zirkel who volunteered to help set up, serve cookies and punch, and take down the show case with me.  Mrs. Billeiter who supports all my endeavors and Mrs. Alejandro for serving cookies and punch and supporting the event!  It takes a community to encourage success and accountability.  I hope you are as proud of your work as I am!  

My wish for you is to have a happy, safe summer, with lots of great learning experiences.   Remember, learning is about questions, so ask lots!  Be kind to others and respect yourself!

To my fifth graders,

I will miss each of you and your enthusiasm that you bring to my class. Especially some of you that I have had in class for six years!! It is difficult to know you will not be on campus next year, but it is time for you to continue your journey in learning.  I know you will be in good hands!  Your teachers here have provided you with all the tools you need for your new adventure.  

Thank you to all of you for keeping me on my toes and encouraging me! (Just for the record, this 5th grade group had a hand in pushing me to write a grant for the iPod Touches, of which my grant was funded!  Yah!  They also inspired me to keep learning, hence working on my second masters, just to keep up with them!)

Enjoy the pictures of our Celebration of Learning Showcase!
Thanks to all the parents, faculty and community members that attended!

Godspeed and Warmest wishes to you all,
Love,
Mrs. Marilyn Mitchell


kinders

2nd grade Oceans/20,000 Leagues Under the Sea/King Arthur

Lots of great learning

Includes Algebraic Thinking!

"Kinex" were used to make Simple Machines Swings hold Tall Tales Books! 

More Fish and Ocean Research!

Students also studied the Coral Reef and the value it has for habitats and as an indicator of how the ocean is sustaining.

Learning is a continuous journey!

First Graders demonstrate their expertise!

Egyptian Museums, cartouches...

Expert in tornadoes

Earth Quakes in the Morning study of Earthquakes! 

moveable plates!

Students created sarcophagus's


poisonous creatures, pop-up books on pollen

Box project on Bears of Canda
and pop-up book of spiders

Swamp biome and expert.

Desert game and Stem games

Rainforest friends, Caesar English game


Experts on the Savanna.


4th Grade "Three Cups of Tea"  Greg Mortenson




The Korphe School

K-2 Studies

Fairy Tale on Trial coming to terms with the politics!

Game theory

Presenting the Life of Clay!

Tree or False?

Ocean Game
Pink Lemonade-Game Theory!

Whirl pool generator!
Better Picture of my kinders!

A House for a Hermit Crab by Eric Carle, inspired the illustrations on the aprons, sewing, and pocket of facts!  This is a smart group of kinders! 

No comments: